2021 apprenticeships and what’s new with Empentis Training Solutions.
It’s that time where everyone starts fresh. Stopping bad habits, starting new hobbies, and introducing new possibilities and positive things into their lives. With the New Year offering a clean slate over 2020, what better time than now to consider the future of your business. Kick off 2021 by hiring an apprentice with the only training provider you’ll ever need; Empentis Training Solutions.
A 2021 apprenticeship is a work-based learning model where apprentices carry out different responsibilities in the workplace whilst working towards a qualification. This qualification can be equivalent to GCSEs, A-levels, Undergraduate degrees, and much more.
In a 2021 apprenticeship, employees work as normal for 80% of their working hours and dedicate the other 20% to the apprenticeship. This can be through personal Development, attending college or university, workshops, or other training seminars. This 20% is where the learner will gain the skills needed to succeed.
Apprenticeships benefit both employers and staff, as an employer you’re safe in the knowledge that your staff are being trained exactly as you need them to be, effectively filling any skill gaps in the workplace. Apprentices benefit by being given the chance at a career they love, and a skill set that will secure them for the future.
Apprenticeships are a solid foundation to get into the world of work or to expand your skillset. They’re not just for young people anymore, apprentices can be aged anywhere from age 16 up to 60+.
Deciding on what path to take, which career to go into, changing career without experience, and finding a workforce with relevant skills can be incredibly hard. Taking a 2021 apprenticeship can solve these issues and give both learner and employers opportunities. Staff gain experience and skills to excel, whilst employers benefit from a more motivated and qualified staff.
According to the Government website (updated on 23rd December 2020), measures have been put in place to make it easier for apprentices to continue their training, and complete their courses in a different way. Alternatively, to break and resume the training later when possible. There is still the usual funding for main providers, employer providers, and employers delivering supported apprenticeship training.
The Government’s overall objective is to support all employers. Ensuring they retain their apprentices, and allowing them to complete their training as planned. They plan to support as many apprentices as possible to help them finish their training.
There have been new arrangements implemented alongside the existing flexibilities on where apprenticeship training can be delivered. If a provider is able to do so safely, apprenticeship training can be delivered in the workplace. As long as the workplace meets COVID-19 secure guidelines on ensuring the workplace is safe.
With 2020 behind us we can look forward and finally implement some of the plans we’ve had in the pipeline for some time now.
We hope all our clients, learners, and colleagues stay safe. We assure you that we will produce the best quality training possible, with healthy and reliable staff at your service.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.