Apprenticeships

Empentis Training Solutions > Apprenticeships

Why an Apprenticeship?

Qualifications and experience. That’s employer’s buzz words right? But it’s pretty hard to get one without the other. That’s where an apprenticeship can come in. A perfect way to gain skills and knowledge, whilst also getting industry experience.

  • Get industry specific skills
  • Earn a wage while you learn
  • Work with experienced staff
  • Gain official qualifications

Apprenticeships these days cover a wide range of subjects, from business administration to civil engineering, aren’t limited by age, and you can even earn a degree. Over 90% of apprentices will get a job after finishing their apprenticeship, 80% see their chances for progression improving, and almost 75% were confident they could earn a higher wage in the future.

With stats like that, along with the fact that apprenticeships are at the centre of a skills strategy for England, free training and earning while you learn, well, doesn’t it seem like a good alternative to university?

HOW DO THEY WORK?

Apprenticeships allow you to mix work with study, meaning you can gain valuable experience and earn a recognised qualification at the same time. You’ll spend about 80% of your time in the work place, doing everyday work, and learning from colleagues. The remaining 20% will be a study day, which can take place at a college, in a separate office, or at your place of work.

Depending on the level of apprenticeship, they last from 12 months to 4 years, and teach you everything you need to succeed in your chosen career. As you’re working too, you’ll learn valuable transferable skills like team work, communication, and problem-solving.

OUR VISION

Set up your future

Almost all apprenticeships lead to full-time employment, so you don’t have to worry about the post-qualification job search.

Earn while you learn

The minimum wage for apprentices is £3.90 (as of April 2019) and you’ll usually be employed a minimum of 30 hours a week. You get at least 20 days holiday per year.

Level up your skillset

You’ll develop skills that are directly used in the industry, so are completely relevant to your future career.

WHAT WE DO

We are here to support you the whole way. From choosing the right apprenticeship to helping with your CV, we’ve got you covered. During your apprenticeship, our training officers are always on hand to help with anything, and don’t forget you’ll have a whole team and a manager at work too. With that kind of network behind you, you’ll have no problem building your confidence, mastering the skills, and progressing your career.

If you like the idea of an apprenticeship, but have some reservations or questions – don’t hesitate to get in touch. At Empentis Training Solutions, we have links to large and small companies alike, across a range of industries, so we can find you the perfect match to help you thrive. Never been to an interview? We can help with interview and presentation skills, and give you the confidence to secure the job.

A year in industry, new skills, and workplace experience; apprenticeships are the hands-on way to build a career.

Frequently asked questions

Anyone can. Gone are the days when you had to be a certain age, as long as you’re over 16, you’re good to go. Don’t worry if you’ve already been to college or university either – as long as the apprenticeship isn’t the same thing you’re qualified in you’ll have no issues. Want to find out more about apprenticeships?

There are different levels of apprenticeship. Level 2 is equivalent to 5 GCSE’s, Level 3 is like 2 A levels, Level 4 and 5 would be a higher education certificate or a foundation degree (first year of uni degree) and Level 6 and 7 are a bachelor’s and master’s degree respectively. Paired with the experience in industry, you’ll find this set’s you up well for career prospects.

Nope. Look forward to free training, a wage, and no post-university student loans to pay off!

We’ve been in the apprenticeship game for over 15 years, and over that time have built up a team of industry professionals that deliver results. Add to that a brilliant support team who are here every step of the way with you, and you get the innovation and trust that Empentis is known for. If you want any more information contact of our experience team at Empentis Training Solutions.

EARN WHILE YOU LEARN

Empentis Training Solutions Apprenticeships are a great to learn, get qualified and at the same time you get paid.